I have always been a bit baffled as to what to do with the lovely blue tile, or shall we say - aqua? turquoise? I'm not really sure, but it is not a blue that is currently in style and therfore, no towel, bathmat or rug will match! The previous owners attempted to match the blue and paint the walls the same color....it didn't quite work out =). So, I will leave the ingenious color scheme we came up with for another blog that will include our "after" pictures, but for now, I thought you might enjoy seeing the "before" pictures.

Please notice the lovely dark brown cabinetry that we are so relieved to have taken off the wall! The room already looks better without them! The light switch just makes me laugh! When we moved in five years ago, every single light switch was like this! This is the last one to go (sniff!)...
The window trim is in pretty bad shape - lots of chipping paint, so this is really good that we are getting some fresh paint on there!
Alright! Here we go! We've scraped, spackled, sanded and washed and now we are set to go! Here's my little helper (?). One of the rolls of tape had only a little bit left, so I let Derek go to town. He had an incredible amount of fun pulling the tape off, but got a bit frustrated that he couldn't get it to stick to the wall - mostly it just stuck to him!
I'll be sure to update with "after" pictures as soon as we are done!!
2 comments:
How exciting! Can't wait to see the new look!
Derek is so adorable!
Post a Comment